Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jogging Momma

I just wanted to take a minute to post a quick update on the "Couch to 5K" status. Although most of you probably don't care (check back later for Ollie news), some of my readers are genuinely interested in how the training/torture is going. This week started week 3 of the program and boy did it start off with a bang. Throughout last weeks runs/walks I was only up to running 90 seconds and walking 90 seconds (the first week was run 60 seconds, walk 90 seconds). Beginning yesterday I was to run 90, walk 90, run 3 minutes, walk 3 minutes then repeat. 3 MINUTES!! Whoa! I was not expecting that. Some of you may be laughing at my inability to run long distances but I challenge you to make snide remarks once I complete the program. Even though I huffed and puffed during the 1st week at just a mere 60 seconds, I am proud to say that I ran the WHOLE 3 minutes both times! Apparently it works! I feel good and am starting to understand why running is so addictive. I am so excited about the weeks to come! Stay tuned for more info on  my training.

Peace out and eat my dust!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I hope you make your goal! I was talking to someone just the other day about this, and I want to do it myself! I am like you...walked all my life, but running was OUT of the question! Unless absolutely necessary! I'm inspired to give it a try! Good luck!

Lori said...

This sounds great Lynsey!! Three minutes sounds like nothing until you start RUNNING for that long and then it seems like an eternity so I'm VERY impressed with your progress so far!