Saturday, February 6, 2010

What Will You Do Today?

I've had a great day! I've had a wonderful day! (besides the fact that my sewing machine is acting up) It's been a really good day. If you only read this blog for Ollie updates, then go ahead and skip this post. This is merely a random post of my thoughts....and thats kinda scary....


I made new friends today. As Ollie and I were leaving wal-mart I was listening to the news.  It was mentioned that some girls were set up outside WAAO selling raffle tickets and that the proceeds from these raffle tickets were to be given to the CF Foundation. What? I had to go and see what was going on. As I walked up and introduced myself I noticed that one of these girls looked very familiar. Well, turns out I had seen and talked to her before, on several different occations actually. Her name is Megan and her son has Cystic Fibrosis. Megan and I met the day our babies were being tested for CF. This was the day we sat in denial for 3 hours waiting for the result of the sweat tests (the test that confirms CF). We spoke breifly that day but our minds were elsewhere. As time went on, Megan and I saw each other occationally at checkups. We spoke but never exchanged names or details.  As it turns out Megan is from Montgomery and has family  here. Her family wanted to raise money for the CF foundation. WOW!
I made 3 new friends today. Friends that are fighting the same war. What a wonderful feeling! Now, not to pat ourselves on the back, but, turns out Ollie's Army is well-known round these parts. Our little "gang" has made quite an impact. Megan confessed that everywhere they went to raise money and awareness, they were asked if they were with Ollie's Army (she had no idea what Ollie's Army was). Funny huh? Guess we got the CF thing pretty covered around here.
Another reason today has been so good is because of people who care. People who go that extra mile just because. I learned today that someone special cleaned the nursery of the church we have been attending. I am talking scrubbed every surface and cleaned every corner. They also bought new sheets for the crib. This was all done to prevent illness. This was done to protect Ollie. I am truly moved. We are not even members of this particular church but already feel like family.

To wrap up this random post of random feelings I will say this; It is so easy to make a difference, big or small.

 What will you do today?

Think about it.

God Bless.

Live, Love, Breathe!


Raffle tickets are still for sale. Tickets are $5.00 and all proceeds go to the CF Foundation. 3 winners will be drawn Friday morning "live" on WAAO. Prizes include Valentine Baskets with gifts ranging from t-shirts, food, gift cards, manicures, candy and much, much more. If you would like to purchase tickets please let me know.

No comments: