Friday, February 12, 2010

No Family Like Snow Family

This morning we awoke to snow. Loads and loads of snow. It snowed for hours. I have never in my life seen so much "real" snow. It was a beautiful white world outside my windows. Ollie didn't really care, nor did she understand what all the fuss was about so once she was down for a nap, Lesley and I went outside to play. Leanne came over too! We had a blast! The boys sat on the porch watching us make snowmen (and snow-women and snow-babies).


The neighbor's dog, Buddy, even came over to play (he showed us why we should avoid yellow snow).


Although this was our first big snow adventure, me and sister can make some pretty dog-gone good snowpeople. We started with just 1 snowman and then went on to sculpt 2 more to complete the DuBose family. 





What a great and beautiful day!



If only snow would just stay snow and never turn to slush.


3 comments:

Lori said...

Great snow family - I'm extremely impressed!!

I really enjoyed the pretty snow today, but I am really not looking forward to the slush either!!

L and C said...

I am so jealous! We had to listen to the Great Winter Watch of '10 on TV all week, and I think it snowed at our house for about 20 minutes and not a single flake survived its fall to the ground. I tried to take a couple of pictures and don't even think you can see the flakes. It looks like you all had so much fun!

Julie said...

The Dubose 'Snow' family has to be one of the best I've seen!!!!!! Sawyer, like O, didn't care what was going on. But, JP, well he couldn't have been any happier. As far as he was concerned, it was Christmas all over again. ;) Glad you and your sisters had fun being 'kids' again. :)