Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Newest Hobby

Most of you know that due to CF, Ollie is unable to attend daycare. John and I decided, along with our doctors, that it is not worth the risk. Especially in her first years of life, we want her to remain healthy so she can grow big and strong. Without daycare, I cannot work. Besides the few days a week Ollie and I venture to Elba to help my mother in law at her Real Estate business, we stay home. This has been wonderful! Ollie and I have formed the most amazing bond. We sing and play all day and she has become quite the mama's girl....I love it!! Although, I love spending every moment with her, I needed something else to do. I wanted to try and earn a few bucks of my own (without asking the husband), that I could use to buy "fun things". This meaning clothes for me and Ollie, shoes, purses, etc. I have come up with a way to hopefully make a little money as well as enjoy doing at the same time. You all know that I love, love, love hair bows and Ollie ALWAYS has one in her hair. I have a hard time finding those "special" bows to match her outfits or the season or our favorite football team (Auburn ;). Therefore I decided to give it a whirl and make em myself. I got a little carried away and made a ton! It is my mission to accessorize all the BBG's! (Big Bow Girls). I have created an easy way to coordinate several outfits at a low price......mix and match. I have headbands of all sizes and beanie caps. You simply buy a headband or beanie and buy a few bows or flowers to match. Each bow and flower comes with a clip that can either be worn in the hair or attached to a headband or beanie. The beanie caps are for small children (think NB-2 yrs), and the headbands fit all sizes. I will soon have caps for older children as well. Please take a look at some samples below. My darling Ollie was really not in the mood for a photo session, but you get the drift. Let me know what you think. If you have any suggestions as to how I might sell these or if you are interested in taking a look, let me know. Keep in mind, that because I am doing this for fun and am not trying to turn into a big bow distributor, the prices are a 1/4 of what they typically retail for.


Headbands & Bows


Halloween



Beanie Hats & Flower Clips


Andalusia Bulldogs or Alabama



Auburn-War Eagle!


Headbands
Beanie Hats

9 comments:

jamie said...

hey lynsey i love your idea.
i'm sure you have some boutiques in your town. maybe you talk with one of the owners & have your own section/table in the boutique for your bows.

The Macks said...

Ah, I wish we would have known. We just bought headbands and bows on Saturday. We do need a pink beanie though. I love flowers. We need to come over and take a look.

Shonna said...

GREAT JOB!!! I love ALL of it...way too cute:)

BTW, I went "inactive" today so maybe we can fill some down time visiting with each other or walking or at the park or...I think you get idea:)

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Great idea! Love the hats!

kathunt said...

I love the bows & beanies, think of something for little boys & I'll be your first customer. Have you ever check out the Esty site, just any idea. Ollie is so beautiful!!!

Lori said...

These are sooo cute!! I don't think Ben will let me put them on Jack:) but if I ever have a little girl...

Very cute! I was going to mention Esty too.

Shonna said...

Etsy is a GREAT idea:)

The Chapmans said...

Too cute! What a great idea! I don't think Nick will allow Braylen to wear one, but I will definitely buy some as gifts!

Lauren said...

You should definitely open an Etsy store! You would do so well with it!!