Thursday, July 1, 2010

Hangin Tough

Blogging is tough.

Finding time to blog while chasing a 14 month old is tough.

As I type this post, Ollie is rubbing her cheesy lips all over my clean shirt.
We just indulged in a few Doritos.

Ollie is almost 14 months old now.
She has 5 teeth and her back ones are starting to make their debut.
She cannot will not walk. She insists on crawling...everywhere.
Wood floors, concrete, bricks, dirt, everywhere.
She has great balance and can go from sitting to standing all by herself. She can walk really well while holding onto your finger, she just hardly does.
She started crawling at 6 months, so she's been doing it almost a year now and boy is she quick!
They say that the longer they crawl, the better hand-eye coordination they have and the better readers they will become. If this holds true, she should be reading any day now.
Ollie is also quite the talker.
I have no idea what she is saying but she sure does.
Her favorite word/thing right now is bird (buurrd). To her anything that flies is a buurrd. The other day, while eating lunch, a fly flew over our table and Ollie pointed to it and said buurrd.
Her favorite show is still Dora the Explorer and she's fond of Jack's Big Music show as well.
Her sleeping schedule sucks and we need a bigger bed!
To say she is into everything would be an under statement.
Case in point;
I have been working really hard on our annual poker run fundraiser. Several of the Ollie's Army items are stored in the attic and I needed to get them down. I pulled down the 12' ladder and headed up into the HOT attic leaving Ollie playing in the living room. I could hear her banging around and saying, "mama". As I searched through the many boxes of junk, I could still hear Ollie talking so I knew she was OK.  As I made my way over the boxes  I again heard "mama", only this time much closer. To my surprise, Ollie was at the top of the ladder! I about pooped my pants! I did however remain calm, not shouting, but talking softly. The last thing I wanted to do was scare her into letting go. My mom asked me how I got her down the ladder and all I can say is it's true about adrenaline in emergency situations. I don't remember going down. I had so much adrenaline I could have flown down.

On a CF note:
Currently all is well!
No news is good news!
Ollie continues to have breathing treatments twice a day.
She is on albuteral (to open lungs) and Pulmozyme (preventative maintenance).
We are also taking part in the Hyper tonic Saline study and Ollie receives HS twice a day. This is a breathing treatment as well. We are not sure if she is actually receiving the HS or if she is just inhaling a low salt content placebo. We will not know until the end of the study which lasts 1 year. Not knowing kinda sucks but someone has to do the study in order to make progress in the battle against CF.
These breathing treatments are followed up with chest PT's.
These combined take about 45 minutes in the morning and 45 minutes in the evening.
Not so bad.
Ollie has been Pseudomonas free for 8 months now!
Woooo Hooooo!

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

LIFE IS AWESOME!!!

2 comments:

Jerms said...

Wow! I would have pooped my pants too if I had been there!!! Can't believe she climbed that ladder! lol Glad y'all are both okay! ;-) Glad to hear the good report about her health and you are right, life IS awesome! Love and miss ya chick!

Tara Harden said...

Ollie and Porter would be dangerous together. He is also a climber, and has been known to scale the stove to turn those neat little knobs on the back.
And he didn't walk until 16 months. He could crawl as fast/faster than the other kids in his class at daycare, so why bother?