Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Ollie's Army

GREAT STRIDES: Taking Steps to Cure Cystic Fibrosis is the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's largest national fund-raising event. Tens of thousands of co-workers, friends and family come together each year as one community for one cause…to help find a cure for CF. In 2008, nearly $37 million was raised to support vital CF programs.

About GREAT STRIDES
In cities all across the United States, tens of thousands of people just like you are showing their commitment to "adding tomorrows every day" to the lives of those with cystic fibrosis through the simple act of walking.
Year after year, volunteers make every GREAT STRIDES walk site both fun and successful. Their dedication has helped GREAT STRIDES become one of the country's most effective and efficient fundraising efforts. Since the first GREAT STRIDES walk in 1989, more than $180 million has been raised to support the vital research and care programs of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.
You can help us reach our 2009 national fundraising goal by participating in a GREAT STRIDES walk near you. Register online today and you'll have the opportunity to use our interactive fundraising tools. You also can invite walkers to join your team, request online donations, and check your fundraising status.

Why We Stride
Join us at one of more than 600 walk sites across the country for food, fun, music and a healthy 10K walk. It's easy to sign up! Join a walk today!


**I have created a team (Ollie's Army) and am currently looking for team members to join in this wonderful cause. The next walk near us is on October 3rd at 8:30 AM in Crestview, Florida. If you are interested in joining Ollie's Army please contact me through comments. I need your e-mail address and I can send you a direct link to sign up. It's easy and fun to be team member. You will receive an e-mail once you sign up, with a password in which to log on to your Ollie's Army page. There you can view other team member's progress as well as watch your donations and send e-mails to friends to get more walkers. Our team goal is $3000.00 with each individual goal set at $150.00. How easy is that?! It would be a fun day for everyone and for a GREAT cause!!! If you do not live near Crestview or would like to make a donation to Ollie's Army please click on the Great Strides link at the top right side of my blog.

Thank you everyone for the support!!

18 comments:

The Cotton's said...

I would love to be a part of Ollie's Army!!! I will email you all of my contact information.

Suzanne Cotton

Jeremie Shaffer said...

I wanna be a part!!! I'll be in touch soon! I'm sure my friend Melanie will want to do it too!!!

Jeremie

Julie said...

Love to be a part of Ollie's Army!!Count me in too, Lynsey!!
Julie

I'll send my info to you via mail @ Facebook. :)

Shonna said...

You can count on me!!! Hope your week back at work is going well:) Love you!

Sage said...

You know I am in! Hope ya'll are doing good. I'll call you soon! Love you and OP

kathunt said...

I would love to be apart of “Ollie’s Army”, but I live so far away :(. I will most certainly donate; I think this is an awesome cause! This is one step closer to finding a cure for CF!
(I’ll get your email address from Shonna, & send you my info.)

Lori said...

I would love to join Ollie's Army too. I'll get you my contact info through Shonna.

Tina K Rogers said...

I would love to walk for Miss Ollie Pearl! Keep me informed!

leslep said...

Lynsey,

I had no idea that Ollie had been diagnosed with CF until I saw your blog posted on facebook. I would love to participate and will send you my contact info. via facebook. Ollie is adorable by the way!!
Leslie

Nancy, Jeremy, Jack, and Julianne said...

Would love to walk for Ollie and help fundraise for it. I am also a part a large MOPS group here in Niceville (close to Crestview) and can advertise and help fundraise there also in August. I will send you info. via facebook.

Jennifer Lee said...

You know I will be a part of Ollie's Army!!!!

Laura Wells said...

Hey! I would love to be on the team! Count me in!

Amy Goodson said...

I would love to be a part of Ollie's Army!! Count me in too!!

Laura Wells said...

I forgot to leave you my email! Ooops! It is laurapopwell@alaweb.com.

Shae Page said...

I will join Ollie's army! She is beautiful, by the way! My e-mail is britneyshae@greatteacher.net.

Sarah said...

Hi Lynsey,

Andrew and I would love to walk for Ollie - you have my work email but here is my personal email roberts.sarah@mchsi.com

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! This is Reese, Mom and I have been talking about this and we may get a whole group of us "Grantham's" up! E-mail me the info at racegirltsu@yahoo.com
Love y'all!
Reese

Anonymous said...

Hi! My name is Grace Spears and I attend Andalusia High School. I'd really love to get involved with your organization as I have family with CF. My email is zgrace_2011@hotmail.com. Thanks!