Sunday, March 1, 2009

Getting Ready



Even though it seems like forever before Ollie will make her appearence, I have been preparing for her arrival. Her room is still missing a few important things but hopefully we can round up everything she needs within the next 9-10 weeks. Our first purchase were the letters spelling Ollie's name. John and I were both so excited about her name that we had to have these. We picked out her crib and dresser over the Christmas holidays from a cute little store in Columbus, GA. We are still waiting for her coordinating dust ruffle to come in (it's on backorder), but we love everything so far. The rocker was a gift passed down from my sister-in-law, Heather and was used for 3 other children in the family. Heather is also pregnant, due April 1st with a little girl.

This is Ollie's dresser/changing table. The flower mirrors were also a gift and go perfectly with the room. The name Ollie Pearl comes from 2 grandmothers that love flowers, so these are very appropriate.

The little pink chair was my grandmother's. It sat in her kitchen and was painted blue for as long as I can remember but that had to change once we found out she was a girl. Not that Ollie will ever be in trouble, but I believe we will use it as a "time out" chair one day. The 2 pictures are handmade. The day I found out the gender, I painted the OPD picture. I had to have something with her initials.
And this sweet canvas painting with her name was painted by my sister Lesley. I just love it and know that Ollie will have it as a keepsake from her Aunt Lesley forever.


No comments: