Monday, October 19, 2009

Two Weeks in Hospital Equals:

NOTHING! I am so upset! I received the phone call this morning to confirmed that the 2 weeks of IV antibiotics was a dud! The pseudomonas is still there. How in the heck is this happening?! Up until now I was so confident that we were getting somewhere. That we were beating CF. Boy was I wrong. It is so frustrating that with everything we have done and continue to do, this stupid little bacteria will not go away. UGHHHH! O will continue with inhaled antibiotics on and off for the next 6 months. She will also be adding yet another medicine to her long list of daily pills. Hopefully this will do the trick. Did I just say hopefully? I am so out of hope. There is no more light at the end of the tunnel. All I see is black. Please pray for Ollie. I can't even find strength in that anymore.

7 comments:

Lori said...

My heart is breaking for you guys right now!! I can't understand how this feels b/c I've never been there, but I will pray - we will all pray until you have the strength to again!! I'm so, so sorry!!

Do you know exactly what this means? Do you have to wait 6 months now to see if these other antibiotics will work? I cannot imagine your frustration!

Praying for Ollie and all of you!!

Tara said...

Hang in there, Lynsey! Ollie's a fighter and has lots of people praying for her sweet little self!

From The Ground Up... said...

Oh Lynsey... I am so, so sorry. I'm still praying for sweet Ollie, as well as for you and John for the strength you so need right now. Don't lose hope, girl. Don't forget...Ollie's got a whole Army behind her!!! We love you all!! Give baby girl a kiss for me!

The Macks said...

Don't ever, ever lose hope! I can't even imagine how frustrated you are. Just remember our God is a mighty God! He can do anything if you believe.

Great is our Lord and mighty in power, his understanding has no limit. Ps, 147:5

kathunt said...

I'm so sorry, I wish I knew what to say. Please hang in there and don't lose hope ~ there is light at the end of the tunnel. God is watching over you guys and hears your prayers. We'll keeping praying & sending hopeful thoughts your way.

Shonna said...

My heart is so heavy for you and Ollie and John right now...we will continue to pray for all of you to have the strength you need through this and that the added medicine is just what little O needs:) We love you!!

The Chapmans said...

don't give up! Ollie can beat this. just look at her! we are all praying for her.