Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Real Lynsey

Introducing the real Lynsey. Not the funny Lynsey, not the brave Lynsey, not the tough Lynsey. I am a mother. I am scared for what the future holds. I am hopeful for what the future holds. I worry, day in and day out about every little cough Ollie has. Is she breathing OK? Is the person admiring her in the checkout line at wal-mart carrying some terrible germ that could place my child in the hospital. When it comes to my adorable baby, I am weak. I am a wreck. I am a mother. I want nothing more in this world than to fix the things going on in her tiny body. I want her to forever be healthy. I want her to be happy. As I watch Ollie coo and smile and observe her surroundings, I wonder if she knows she is sick. Does she have any clue as to what her life will forever entail? The daily rituals, the breathing treatments, the doctor's visits? Does she know that when I pat her chest and sides and back, I do it because I love her. I do it because she needs this to remain healthy. Does she know I love her more than life itself? And, will she be OK? These are questions that run through my mind on a daily basis. This is how I feel. I am a mother. There is no other way to describe it.
Please help my fight.
Help me find a cure.
Help me fix my baby.
Help me change the lives of everyone suffering from Cystic Fibrosis.
Make a donation to the CF Foundation.
Even one dollar is one dollar more than yesterday.
Every little bit helps.
The Foundation is what gives me hope.
It is what helps me to sleep at night.
Donations can safely be made by clicking the Great Strides Link on my sidebar.
For more information on what you can do to help, e-mail me at lynseydubose@gmail.com.
The true Lynsey is simply a mother who wants the best for her baby-just like you.

4 comments:

Shonna said...

Great post...see you on Saturday:) Love you!

Beth said...

Oh, Lynsey! That post brings tears to my eyes!!! I hope and pray for you and for sweet, precious little Ollie that a cure is found! I cannot imagine what you go through daily so I will just say I am praying for your family!

I meant to order a t-shirt for me and for John Luke. Is it too late? If not, how do I order?

Your in my prayers!

Julie said...

I commented on your FB page, but I just wanted to let you know that I'm praying daily!!!!

Ginny said...

I admire your bravery everyday. Looking forward to Saturday; we will have a little fun while we fight!!