Friday, January 21, 2011

Squat!

Thats about what I have time for these days.
Although Ollie and I stay home during the day, we stay super busy. I am currently taking Anatomy & Physiology 202 and my teacher this semester is real big on busy work. I am hoping that in doing all this busy work I have a good chance of making a good grade (still patting myself on the back for my B+ in A&P 201) but it does take away from study time. It's also super hard to find time to accomplish all my assignments. Between keeping up with a 19 month old, running a household, plain ol running and spending time with my husband, I have very little "school" time left (let alone blog time).

Moving on, A few weeks ago Ollie had an appoitment in Birmingham and all checked out fine. She has grown (in height and weight) and is now in the 22nd percentile, up from 16th. Yay! We also heard from O's Pulminary nurse a week after her check up and Ollie remains Pseudomonas free. If I am counting correctly, that 15 months straight! SUPER YAY!!

I have been wanting to share a little of Ollie's verbal skills. She can talk up a storm and does so from sun-up to sun-down....seriously. The other night while watching American Idol, Ollie stood in front of John and sang. She couldn't stand the fact that her daddy was watching other people sing. As the contestants got louder, Ollie got louder. Her songs make no sense but she has been singing quite a bit about sunshine. Maybe she'll become a songwriter/singer one day.
Below are some of Ollie's favorite words & sentances (aka; the things shes says all day).
Momma    Daddy    Wo (cousin-short for Rowland)    Sissy (Lesley)
Shu Shu (my mom)    Pop Pop (my dad)   
Midge (Mitch, and she says this for all tall bald guys-sorry Midge)
Leelee (Leanne) 
Aubie (she is obsessed with Aubie but her die hard Alabama fan dad taught her that Aubie say "roll tide").
Wo Tide (roll tide)    nak (snack)     baba (bottle-this is what I wake up to)
duce (juice)    Wo wa (Lola-dog)   Dinky (dog)   O tay (OK-usually used instead of yes)
dold (cold)     brrrrrrr (following told)     outdide (outside)      
peas (when she wants something or when she just wants "peas")
dank ew (thank you)     hey (everytime she see you)    dum iiiinnnnn (come in-knock at the door)
hellwo (hello)   wing (swing)  side (slide)
And the cutest is everytime she hears John's boot hit the porch late in the day, she yells "Yay! Daddy!!"
So sweet.
She can also name pretty much all animals and tell you what they say. It's pretty impressive until you get to Aubie and she says "Roll Tide".
And, she is making sentances, like dank ew mama, dum in pop pop, dum ear Wo wa and I dold, brrrrrr.
She's quite the little ray of sunshine on these dreary days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When she was with Nana the other day she talked to me on the phone and said I love you Aunt Amy!!! I smiled all day!

Lydia Russell said...

Lol! "Roll Tide" ... That's hilarious!

Jerms said...

I love this!!! She's so precious! Frank was telling me that when he brought the window for you to paint, she wanted to go with him! I need to come see y'all!!! I miss you chicka!