Friday, January 21, 2011

On A Roll.....

Blogging again.....

I've been told to give updates (and pictures) more often, so here goes:

I have been meaning to take a picture and blog about the most fabulous Christmas present I received.

This beautiful table was handmade by my dad (please ignore the cord). The best part is it has a history. The table top is actually an old mantel that was in our house before we began renovating.  The legs are made from pilings left over from an old porch. Dad sanded down both the pilings and the mantel and stained them.  The finished result is gorgeous! I love this table and will cherish it always.


Don't call child services just yet....


Ollie actually loves to do everything I do.
She impersonates me constantly,
from talking on the phone (holding it between her shoulder and head),
to washing the windows and turning the water on in the tub and checking the temperature.
Yesterday turned out to be a pretty nice day so I decided to clean out and wash my ride.
O was determined to help.
I had trouble stopping her once the car was clean and now
have little dirty circles to prove it.

Because Ollie loves to impersonate me so much, she got a little broom for Christmas. I had the wonderful idea of tapping a swiffer to it and vola, an instant dust magnet. Might as well be doing some good while sweeping back and forth. I will say that I have seen less dust bunnies....

She's awesome help.


Ollie recently had the opportunity to pick the first lemon (yep, it's a lemon) from our neighbor's greenhouse lemon tree. She was totally amazed and can now distinguish lemons from apples. Thanks for the learning experience Mr. James.


For any "out of town" readers, the cute little house in the background is ours.....
Precious, right??


Ollie is such a cheeser.
She has finally begun to push herself around on her radio flyer. The funny thing is that she pushes herself all around the house and sings, all while giving her two favs, BooBoo and Aubie a ride.


Life is good, very good!


Lastly, to all my friends (or not friends) that are running, Yay!!! I am very proud of you!
My advise is that when your body and lungs think they cannot take anymore, push on a little farther. You'll surprise yourself that by pushing just that little bit, you're able to keep going and going. Think of it as a hill, it's hard work and determination to get to the top but once you're there it smooth sailing.
Get up, get out & run!
Peace!!

1 comment:

Lori said...

I loved all the pictures and the update! Thrilled she got a great checkup - aren't great checkups with our babies the best thing?? I love your table too (and the fiesta ware pitcher on it:). And I think it's pretty cool that Aubie says, "Roll Tide!"