Monday, May 16, 2011

Whew!

Now that I have a little down time, he's a post of what we've been up to.

Ollie Pearl turns 2!


On Wednesday May 4, Ollie turned 2 years old. We had a small gathering with family at our house and grilled burgers and enjoyed birthday cake. My mom made the cake, which was delicious, and I decorated it.


Ollie received some awesome gifts (not too many!). From her Shu Shu and Pop Pop, she got a new flat screen TV for her bedroom. (My mom, aka Shu Shu, was terrified her old HUGE TV was going to fall on her.)


With a new TV, I rearranged O's room and it looks so grown-up! She now has a "big girl" bed and the baby bed has been stored away. I have to take a moment and brag. I picked up her new toddler bed at an antique/flea market for a whopping $5. I little pink paint and it's brand new!


From her Poppa Jim and Momma Jackie she received a dress up trunk full of cutesy princess outfits. She has been sporting these for the last few days. So cute!


Her Sissy, Mitch (whom she worships), and Row, Ollie got a pink t-ball set. She hasn't quite figured out how to swing the bat to hit the ball but she love placing the ball on the tee, over and over.


Unfortunately all of our family couldn't visit with us on O's b-day but being short notice and in the middle of the week, it's very understandable. She is super loved by everyone and they all called to tell her hello! She even got a Yo Gabba Gabba radio in the mail from Uncle Jep and Aunt Val. She loves it!

*Note to Jep & Val- I can't wait to buy Lilah noisy toys! ;)

The weekend after Ollie's birthday was the Andalusia Junior Woman's Club's 2nd Annual Three Notch Market. I was chair of publicity was the event and also had a booth. Although I do not have any pictures from the day, it turned out to be a great time and my "Sassy DuBows" booth did very well. With my profits, I treated myself to a new Kindle but that's a whole other story.

Last week I had Anatomy 202 finals. I ended up with an 87.9 in the class! I am so happy it's over and am dreading summer term which starts next Wednesday. Micro-Biology-YUCK!
This past weekend, and the wrap-up of all the craziness my life has been these past few weeks, was the wedding of one of my Oldest and dearest friends. Jennifer Lee and Philip McClung finally tied the knot! The wedding was beautiful and the reception was amazing!


 
Now, I'm off to enjoy the easy going, nothing to do day with my girl!
 

2 comments:

Jerms said...

Just when I start to think "Lynsey really needs to post something new", here you go!

Happy Belated Birthday to Little Ollie!! So precious!!

And you look beautiful!! As do Courtney and Sage!!

Glad y'all are doing so well! And congrats on the biz!

Lori said...

Happy late birthday to Ollie!! Looks like she had a sweet day! You look fabulous and I'm glad the wedding was such a sweet day for everyone!