Monday, April 4, 2011

Bring it on!

Let me start by saying that as I type this post, Ollie (along with her daddy) is sound asleep.
We had a BIG weekend.
Since our trip to Mexico Beach a few weeks ago, Ollie has talked nonstop about the beach. She is constantly saying, “Let’s go to da beech”. So, we did. What can I say, I love da beech too! We are very fortunate that my parents have a condo in Ft. Walton (sadly, it is for sale) and OP loves to go there. Not only is it located on Cinco Bayou, has a nice little pool, is a short drive to the beach, it has access to the bay, where O and I love to hang out, look at fish and catch crabs. On this particular trip, my good friend Christian joined us, along with her husband Bob and sweet son, Asher (OP calls him Cash), who is just 5 months older than Ollie.

Oh, the funny conversations between these two!!

Saturday morning we got up and ready to hit the beach. This year was much easier. We no longer had to tote a huge tent along with Ollie and all our beach stuff. Although Ollie can now walk herself down to the water, she felt the need to stop and talk to everybody on the boardwalk along with pointing out every bird in the sky. Needless to say, it took us a while to get there.

Once we got there, this is where Ollie stayed. Right at the water's edge (with daddy very nearby). She laughed and hooped and hollared all day. She was great entertainment for us and other beach goers as well.

Luckily, the water (and weather) was clear and beautiful with small waves. She had a blast.

 On the other hand, this is where Asher stayed. Close enough to see the water, but far enough that he wouldn't get wet. He loved playing in the sand and with the beach toys, just not real big on the water.

This picture illustrates the distinct personalities.

Ollie has begun roleplaying. The set of pictures below is of her pretending to leave.
She say's bye bye daddy. See you later.
Come here, I give you kiss. Muuuaaah!
Love you.
So sweet.
If this weekend was a sign of the summer to come, BRING IT ON!!!

Lynsey

2 comments:

Jerms said...

Oh my gracious! She is too sweet! I love her little giggle! You guys are so blessed and I am so Thankful she is doing great!!!! Praise God! Love y'all!

Unknown said...

Love the pictures. I am a mother of a 2 year old cfer. Ollie is adorable. How old is she? Glad I found your blog and will continue to follow.

mommyformadeline.blogspot.com