Friday, October 22, 2010

Housewife, Desperate to Run-Take 2

A funny thing happened on my run last night. For those not facebook stalking, I have made it up to 4.5 miles. I was very impressed with my ability to get through 3 miles on Tuesday night, only to be ecstatic to make an entire 4.5 miles last night. When I left the house to run, I only prayed I could repeat the 3 mile trek. After I made it 3 miles I began heading home.  I was running down 3rd Avenue from E3N and I just passed my house. Yep, just decided to keep going. It was at this point that my second wind kicked in. I had never really been a believer in "2nd wind", especially while running (Too bad it took 3 miles to get it). Anyway, I just thought I should run to the High School and back home (3 blocks, one way). Well, I got to the High School and made a right and kept running. It was CrAzY! It's funny cause a few posts back I talked about wanting to be like Forrest Gump and here I was, running and running and running. Every time I would get to a good point to turn and head home, I went to opposite direction. (I jus kep run-nin). After I had been gone from home for close to an hour (yes, running the whole time), I thought it would be best to go home before John sent out a search party, after all, he thought I was only running 3 miles. Turns out I ran 4.5 miles. I'm not going to lie and say it was easy. It wasn't, nor was it hard. It was more gratifying than anything.  I actually recall smiling for most of the last mile.

Just to recount, I have trained for 7 weeks. You would be surprised at how fast your body can catch up if you just keep pushing through.

Get up, get out & Run!!

Peace Out!

Lynsey (A.K.A. Forrest Gump)

1 comment:

Tara said...

Run, Forrest, Run! Good for YOU!!

Loved your fair post, by the way. Precious!