Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Who Dat?

Last Friday Lesley, Courtney and I headed down to New Orleans to meet up with several friends, all gathered to celebrate the upcoming marriage of our dear friend Meg. Once we arrived and were settled the celebration began with a lingerie shower. Meg received several very cute outfits and from the realistic ones (such as myself) a cute PJ set. ;) The night was spent with wonderful friends and stories so funny I was sore the next day from laughing so hard.

The next morning we got up early and got ready for a big day exploring the "big easy". As most of you know, my sweet little sister (AKA Sammi) is expecting. She also has never been to New Orleans. Because she was unable to "partake" in the bachelorette party I felt it was my responsibility (because I made her go in the first place) to show her a good time. Well, that I did. Lesley, Courtney and I had a WONDEFUL time! For those of you who think that New Orleans is only Bourbon Street and beads, you are sadly mistaken. New Orleans has much to offer. So much in fact that we left a little disappointed that we were unable to see and do it all. Guess that means another trip soon.

We started our morning at Cafe Du Monde for a world famous beneigt. Althought we waited for close to an hour, it was worth it. The beneigts were delicious!

We then headed down the Riverwalk and did a little shopping followed up with lunch at The Crazy Lobster. Once we got our bellies full, we visited the French Market for more shopping. That place is CrAzY but many a deals are there to be found. Ollie got 2 t-shirts.  The rest of the afternoon consisted of the following, shortened version; yogart, shopping, back massage, shopping, sight seeing and more shopping. We had big plans to go to the aquarium and the IMax Theater but unfortunately both were closed upon our arrival (who knew they would shut down at 5:00 PM, on a Saturday!).  We did get the opportunity to stop and rest at Jackson Square while enjoying some "local flavor". These guys were not only super talented but extremely funny as well.  

As night fell, we journeyed back to the house to touch base with the other girls and freshen up. Once we had put on some warmer gear, we headed back out for an 8 o' clock date with the ghosts and spirits of the French Quarter. By this I mean a ghost tour complete with the history of  New Orleans along with visits to infamous sites of murders, trageties, fires and mysteries. This was right up my ally and although Lesley and Courtney were a little concerned to begin with, we all learned alot and had an awesome time. I would highly reccomend a history tour of any kind while visiting New Orleans.
 (Be sure to check back later for a new post with a few ghost stories and pictures from our tour.)

All in all, our trip to New Orleans was a blast and I cannot wait to visit again.

I'll end this post with:
Who dat, who dat, who dat, who dat! Who dat say they gonna beat them Saints!

1 comment:

Julie said...

Jeremy and I went to New Orleans for our one year anniversary and had a BLAST!!!! We also tried those ummm, ummmm, good beneigt from Cafe Du Monde and it was divine!!!!! I think I gained like 5 pounds from eating all the delicious food while we were there--LOL!!! Glad y'all had fun and kept the mommy-to-be entertained!!!:)