Sunday, May 24, 2009

"Little" Girl


Ollie is almost 3 weeks old now. The weird thing is that it feels like she has been with us forever. Our new routine has been a small adjustment and her and I are both ill at times but I wouldn't trade it for the world. Ollie eats about every 3 hours so we get up around 2-3 times a night. It is exhausting but once the sun comes up and I see her bright eyes all awake and alert, my heart melts all over again. At her 2 week visit, she only weighed 6 lbs, 9 oz. She is gaining weight but very slowly. We have recently started supplementing with formula and have high hopes that she will have gained more weight by her 1 month appointment. Other than that all is well. She's a happy, wiggly little girl and we are so blessed to have her in our lives.

2 comments:

Shonna said...

So glad you updated! I was hoping to get to see those bright eyes of Ollie's in person yesterday, but y'all slipped out on me before she woke up...that's okay, I plan to come see y'all soon:) Love you and and it was good to see your little family yesterday!

The Macks said...

She's so pretty! I am glad to hear you guys are having a smooth transition. I am now starting to worry about everything!